Thursday 21 August 2014

REVIEW - Out of Control by Sarah Alderson

Title: Out of Control 
Author: Sarah Alderson
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Release Date: May 22nd 2014
Genres: YA Thriller
Links: Goodreads / Amazon / Book Depo
Source: Bought paperback

Summary:
When 17 year old Liva witnesses a brutal murder she’s taken into police custody for her own protection. But when the police station is attacked and bullets start flying it becomes clear that Liva is not just a witness, she’s a target.

Together with a car thief called Jay, Liva manages to escape the massacre but now the two of them are alone in New York, trying to outrun and outwit two killers who will stop at nothing to find them.

When you live on the edge, there’s a long way to fall.


5/5

When I read the blurb for this book I could not wait to read it! I love Sarah’s books and so I knew this one was going to be great. And holy hell was it! I devoured this book! 
Out of Control is the story of Liva and how one night changes her life forever. After moving to New York, the people she is staying with are brutally murdered and Liva quickly finds herself running for her life. She makes an unlikely ally in Jay, a car thief, and the two frantically try to shake those who are chasing them. Why are these people so determined to get their hands on Liva? What do they want with her? And will she and Jay be able to make it out of this mess alive?

This book was everything I was hoping it would be. Fast-paced and action-packed, I could not get enough. Everything around me just disappeared and this book took up my entire focus. I was completely sucked into Liva and Jay’s world. There were countless twist and turns, I didn’t know what was gonna happen next or how it was all gonna end. Entertaining and exhilarating, I could so see this being made into a film. 
The relationship that builds between Liva and Jay was brilliant. I loved the chemistry these two had. The entire story takes place over the course of a day or so, so there is no insta-love. The romance was very minimal and even though I am a big romantic I felt like any more would have been unrealistic. The amount that was present was more than enough for this story. The book is a standalone but I would love to revisit these characters in the future, to see what they have gotten up to.

A high octane thrill ride that never lets up and will have you on the edge of your seat, this is one book not to be missed. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!