Friday 18 January 2013

REVIEW - Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi


Title: Through the Ever Night 
Author: Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky #2
Publisher: Atom
Published: January 8th 2013
Genre: YA Dystopian
Link: Goodreads / Amazon
Source: Bought paperback


Summary:
Aria has struggled to build a life for herself outside Reverie. It hasn't be easy adjusting to life in the wilderness but that struggle has been worth it with Perry by her side. 

But Perry has other challenges. His people are looking to him for answers. Answers about what happened to his nephew and what's happening to their world. And they don't trust the priviledged Aria, one of the enemy, in their midst. 

Soon he'll be forced to chose between the tribe that looks to him for leadership and the girl that looks to him for love.



5/5

Holy. Wow. This series just gets better. I think I have found my new favourite series. 

The story picks up right where book 1 left off, with Perry and Aria being reunited after months apart. But it isn't the happiest of reunions. Perry is feeling the strains of being Blood Lord of the Tides. The Aether storms are getting worse and his tribe is looking to him to keep them safe and to provide food for them. They soon begin to question his effectiveness as their leader. He doesn't help the growing tension when he brings Aria to the tribe. Everyone is instantly distrustful and hostile towards her. Aria knows that the best thing to do would be to leave but can she leave Perry? She has her own trouble as she is being blackmailed by Counsel Hess to find the Still Blue. If she doesn't he will hurt Talon. Perry needs to find the Still Blue too but can he desert his tribe in it's greatest time of need? 

This book was action packed from the very beginning. Never a dull moment. I loved every second of it. Exciting and thrilling, I devoured it in no time. I just couldn't put it down. It was perfectly paced. Nothing felt rushed. It was just perfect in every way.

I love love love the romance between Aria and Perry. I think it is fast becoming one of my favourites. The relationship between these two is just so mature and realistic. There is no risking the lives of others just to be with each other. They know what they have to do to survive and this just made me root for them even more. I just want these two to have the happy ever after that they deserve. 
There is also a host of secondary characters that I am becoming to love. The main one being Roar. Ah Roar. You are just the best friend that anyone could have. He becomes a great friend to Aria in this book and I loved watching them grow closer. But oh god how I wanted to just hug him and comfort him at one stage! I nearly cried for him  :( This book is so emotional I was tearing up in so many parts. Rossi is just a fantastic storyteller. I can't praise this book enough. 

A brilliant story with a great ending. It ended nicely with no big nasty cliffhanger but it still leaves you begging for book 3. Why must I wait so long?! Why damn you?! :( *cries*



No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!