Thursday 17 January 2013

Review: Independence by Shelly Crane

Title: Independence
Author: Shelly Crane
Series: Significance #4
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Romance.
Date Published: 18th December 2012

Goodreads Description

In the fourth and final installment, Maggie and Caleb must tie up all the loose ends of their lives and make a way to be together completely on their own. With everything that happened with Bish and Maggie's father, she's almost reluctant to move on and move out. And now she must figure out all of this...stuff...with Haddock. But of course, nothing can stay simple for the Jacobsons. Enemies who were thought to be dissolved have decided to not go down so easily. And old flames come calling for more than just Maggie. Caleb is torn between leading his family and personal wants. Maggie is torn between Caleb and being the leader of their people. But neither will let what they need most to be pushed to the wayside. They are determined to make it all work, design a plan toward destiny, and make everything right again for themselves and their family.

And then there's a wedding...

My Review

4/5

I loved the Significance series and I am so glad that I came across it. It has been a journey worth taking filled with everything you could want from a story. This is why I am sorry that I have to take away a star from this book.

I am disappointed to give less than five stars to this book. I was really hoping for more from it. This must be the problem. I waited months for the final instalment of the Significance series and in my excitement must have worked it up in my head because I was not as impressed with it as I had hoped.

From the beginning I was disappointed. I loved the other books so much. Only eight chapters in I found at least three notable mistakes one of which being the name of a character and two more were significant events in the lives of the supporting characters.

After I got passed these errors I found myself back in the stride of the story, however, and rather enjoyed it. There were plenty of moments to make the readers laugh, cry and gasp. As with all the other books in the series there are moments that will make your heart race and because of this I will give it four stars.
It lost a star because of its mistakes in the plot, regurgitated ideas and the loose ends left untied.


-T

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!