Wednesday 31 October 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#30)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine,
which spotlights upcoming books we can't wait to read.



My WoW for this week is:

Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland

Goodreads Summary:
The Goddess Test meets Dexter in an edgy, compelling debut about one teen’s quest for revenge… no matter how far it takes her.

Cory Graff is not alone in her head. Bound to a deal of desperation made when she was a child, Cory’s mind houses the Furies—the hawk and the serpent—lingering always, waiting for her to satisfy their bloodlust. After escaping the asylum where she was trapped for years, Cory knows how to keep the Furies quiet. By day, she lives a normal life, but by night, she tracks down targets the Furies send her way. And she brings down Justice upon them.

Cory’s perfected her system of survival, but when she meets a mysterious boy named Niko at her new school, she can’t figure out how she feels about him. For the first time, the Furies are quiet in her head around a guy. But does this mean that Cory’s finally found someone who she can trust, or are there greater factors at work? As Cory’s mind becomes a battlefield, with the Furies fighting for control, Cory will have to put everything on the line to hold on to what she’s worked so hard to build.



My thoughts:
I love anything to do with mythology! I have always been fascinated by all the different creatures and stories. So the minute I read the blurb for this book I knew I had to have it.  It sounds so cool! 

Expected Release Date: April 2nd 2013


What book are you waiting for?


Yvonne

4 comments :

  1. This one sure is popular! I'm not sure if I want to read it or not but there is definitely a lot of buzz. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any comparison to Dexter is a book I will have to read, LOL! Great choice!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already have this one on my to-read list and I would love to read it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really excited for this! Sounds really bad ass and I love mythology and revenge! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!