Wednesday 24 October 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#29)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine,
which spotlights upcoming books we can't wait to read.



My WoW for this week is:

Reboot (Reboot #1) by Amy Tinera

Goodreads Summary:
Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.

My thoughts:
I love a good dystopian and this sounds just like my cup of tea. Can't wait to read this one. And I like how the cover is different to all the other YA covers out there. 

Expected Release Date: May 7th 2013


What book are you waiting for?


Yvonne

7 comments :

  1. I'm looking forward to this one! Great pick! =)

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dystopian too! And especially where there is discussion of humanity and becoming better and or less human.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Dystopians. This sounds interesting. Technology vs being less human.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME choice! I only first heard about this book like yesterday. It definitely sounds awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on it. I also like how the cover is different. It's really simple, but works with the title/blurb.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this one, but it certainly sounds really good. Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it does sound interesting. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds really good and I haven't heard of it before.

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!