Monday 8 September 2014

REVIEW - Rough Waters (Drenaline Surf #2) by Nikki Godwin

Title: Rough Waters 
Author: Nikki Godwin
Series: Drenaline Surf #2
Release Date: June 17th 2014
Genres: YA Contemporary
Links: Goodreads / Amazon / B&N
Source: Bought ebook

Summary:
Haley's future has been waiting on the west coast for the past year, but she isn't the only new face in Crescent Cove this summer. When Colby Taylor's parents locate him and interrupt his surf competition, the surf star spirals out of control, dragging Drenaline Surf's reputation through the mud and into the ground with him. 

With Colby's secrets plastered across surf magazines and tabloid headlines, Haley takes on the job of playing damage control for Drenaline Surf - which isn't easy when Colby breaks everything he touches, Topher breaks the law, and Miles breaks his leg. 

Instead of chasing dreams of forever, Haley spends her summer chasing the unraveling careers of the hottest new faces in the surf world, and she's about to learn what happens when forever doesn't last.


5/5

I didn't think this series could get any better because I absolutely adored the first book. But boy was I wrong. This was an amazing sequel! I devoured this book in no time, I just couldn't put it down!

A year has passed, Haley has graduated high school and we are back on the west coast to live out our forever with our new friends. But things don't always go as planned and we suddenly find everything and everyone starting to unravel. Haley quickly realizes that a lot can change in a year, and not everything lasts forever.
The one think I always love with Nikki's books is the characters. A book can have a fantastic story-line, and it can be written beautifully, but if you don't get invested in the characters lives then none of that stuff makes a difference. And when it comes to Nikki's books I always get invested. I feel like I am right there with them, going through all the emotions they are going through. And I think the characters in this series are some of my all time favourites. I just adore them all! A.J. is still my #1 but ooh Topher. You just stole the show in this book didn't you. I am so glad he got a more prominent role because when we met him in CFD I couldn't help but love this little adorable, hyper-active ball of fun. I just want to squeeze him, he is too cute! I think he has joined AJ as my favourite. We get more of an insight into some of the other characters too which I loved. A couple peoples back-stories broke my heart though. And I was happy to see some character development too which I always enjoy.

A lot happens in the book so you won't be bored! There are plenty of twist and turns to keep you entertained. Another thing I loved was that the story is very realistic. It wasn't cliche or too overly dramatic. There was also enough romance to keep the romantic in me happy ;)
I'm not gonna say anything about the actually plot because you need to experience it as you read but the one thing I will say is prepare yourself for a cliffhanger! I was not emotionally prepared for one so when I reached the last page and found out that that was the end I sat in shock for a minute because I couldn't believe Nikki would do that to me!! It was so cruel! Just...gaaaahhhh!!! I need book #3 NOW!! *breathes* I'm ok. I'm ok.

Moving on from that little outburst :P You all seriously need to read this book. If you haven't started this series yet then you are missing out! No words can express how much I truly love this woman's books.




No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!