Wednesday 8 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#49)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine,
which spotlights upcoming books we can't wait to read.


My WoW for this week is:

Obsession
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Goodreads Summary:
He’s arrogant, domineering, and—To. Die. For… 

Hunter is a ruthless killer. The Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe him too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job, that is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: Protect a human from his mortal enemy. 

Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into a walking glow stick. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.



My thoughts:
I cannot wait for this book!! I love every single thing JLA writes so there is no doubt in my mind that this book will be awesome! And just look at that cover! Yum

Expected Release Date: May 31st 2013


What book are you waiting for?


Yvonne



Tia: My Waiting on Wednesday

My first would be Obsession by JLA but Yvonne beat me to it so just ditto, what she said ^^^ :P

Jet (Marked Men #2)
by Jay Crownover 
Release: 28th May 2013

Goodreads Summary:

With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes. She’s afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.

Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.

Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?


My Thoughts:
I can't wait to read this. I finished reading Rule (Marked Men #1) recently and I'm looking forward to reading this story.

The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret #2)
by Jessica Sorensen
Release Date: 28th May 2013


Goodreads summary:
Ella and Micha have survived tragedy and heartbreak. When they're together, anything seems possible. But now they are thousands of miles apart, and managing their long distance relationship will put their love to the test.

Ella is back at school, trying hard not worry so much about her future. But with her father in and out of rehab, she's having a hard time making it through the days. All she wants is Micha by her side, but she refuses to let her problems get in the way of his dreams.

Micha spends his days touring the country with his band, but deep down he knows something is missing. Being away from Ella is harder than he thought it would be. He wants her closer to him-needs her with him. But he won't ask her to leave college, just to be with him.

The few moments they do spend together are intense and passionate, but it only makes it more difficult when they have to part. They know they want to be together, but is wanting something enough to get them to their forever?

My Thoughts:
Loved the first book. It could have been left as a stand alone book but I'm interested to see what she does with this book. I like a lot of Jessica Sorensen's books as well.

Tia

2 comments :

  1. I just added Obsessed on my to-read list today and I'm really excited about it. I haven't read any of JLA's books but I can't wait. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading all your picks.

    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!