Wednesday 25 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#7)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine,
which spotlights upcoming books we can't wait to read.


My WoW for this week is:

Black City by Elizabeth Richards


Goodreads Summary:
A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war. In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable--they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash's long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they're caught, they'll be executed--but their feelings are too strong. When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.

My thoughts:
I love the cover for this book. It's so eye catching. I read the first chapter online and was immediately hooked. Can't wait to read the rest of it but it's not out until November! :'( I can't wait that long! 

Expected Release Date: November 13th 2012


What book are you waiting for?


Yvonne

8 comments :

  1. That cover is so sweet! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is going to be SO AWESOME!!!!!!! I'm definitely looking forward to it :) Great pick!!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cover!

    Abbey Ann
    http://abbeyannsbookland.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover is beautiful! It kind of has a Romeo and Juliet- feel to it, which I absolutely love! I need to add this to my TBR pile, for sure. Great pick! :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this one, it seems like it will be really interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Leila | The Fiction Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover is gorgeous :D Sounds like a good read :D My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been waiting on this one too! Ever since I saw the cover! LOL But then when I read it will be about a new darkling race I was really intrigued! Great pick! Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I've been waiting on this one ever since I heard about it!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!